Position: Hardware-Firmware Developer
Project: Otto Transportation Studies Solution Development
The position requires an individual with hardware design capabilities to work with existing GPS-OBD data loggers based on 8-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers, and enhance the design according to new requirements. New product developments incorporating GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth functionality are also underway and will require design and development support. The position requires the individual to work with the Operations/Technical Manager to validate schematics, PCB layouts, enhance the design of the current automated production test fixture, and develop new procedures to test the new product after manufacturing.
- Knowledge of basic electronics including the ability to read and design schematics, assemble circuits, measure voltages, currents, impedances, etc.
- Firmware development for 32-bit and 8-bit microcontrollers (experience with STM32 and Microchip PIC).
- Windows software development using C/C++ with Microsoft Visual C++ preferred.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, especially fundamentals of HTTP transactions.
- Knowledge of AT modem commands and radio modules.
- Operating systems – Windows XP, 7/8, Java 2 platform, J2ME edition environment.
- Knowledge of automotive SAE vehicle communication protocols.